B. S. Lakshman Prasad
At present working as Director – Academics at JYOTHY INSTITUTE OF COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT, Kanakapura Road, Bengaluru was associated as Associate professor, Department of commerce at
- ⮚ P.E.S college for 2 decades
- ⮚ Vijaya Evening College for 12 years
- ⮚ BMS College for Women
- ⮚ MES College, Jayanagar
- ⮚ Gnanashri College , Padmanabhnagar
- ⮚ Visiting faculty at BHSHES
- ⮚ Visiting faculty at National College PG Centre
SERVING AS FACULTY IN
- Yuvaka Sangha
- Udaya Bhanu Kala sangha
- Sri Rama Mandira
- Jayanagar shaikshanika samiti
- ⮚ Member of Syllabus Committee of Business Studies, second year puc Karnataka Pre–University Department.
- ⮚ Resource person for Accountancy and Business Studies for Orientation and Refresher courses conducted by Pre University Education Govt of Karnataka.
- ⮚ Delivered Lectures on Career Opportunities and Guidance for PUC and B.Com students.
- ⮚ I Puc Business studies text book translation committee member
- ⮚ II Puc Business studies text book translation committee member
M.sc (Statistics), M.Phil (Statistics), M.B.A (Finance), Ph. D (Statistics)
- Expert Statistics professor with more than 25 years of experience in teaching at the college and University level:
- Distinguished record of publication in academic journals:
- Commitment to helping college students:
- Strong philosophy of teaching and knowledge:
- Different methods of teaching to motivate the students:
- Exemplary skills in data analysis and research:
- Critical thinking in problem solving:
- Strong oral communicator and lecturer in the classroom:
- Effective written communicator to students and other staff members:
- Excellent coaching, teaching, and motivational skills when working with individual students and encouraging them to work to their potential:
- Friendly and personable making interactions with students and colleagues
Statistics Professor: June 2014 – present
- Visiting Faculty in National College to teach Mathematical applications for Economics, Statistical applications in Economics, Econometrics and Computer application
- Member of BOS and BOE of the said autonomous college,
- Visiting faculty in St Joseph College to give lectures in M.Sc., BIG data analytics. And also in the oxford college for M.Sc., statistics.
- Visiting faculty in St Joseph College to give lectures in BIG data analytics
Head Department of Statistics Professor and Vice Principal: May 1992 – may 2018
- Worked as vice principal and Head of the department of Statistics in Vijaya Evening College.
- Convenor of Golden Jubilee celebration of the college in the year 2017.
- Member of Board of studies and Board of Examiners of Bangalore University for Statistics.
- Visiting Faculty for well-known colleges of the city.
- BOS and BOE member of St. Joseph College (Autonomous).
- Doctor of Philosophy in Statistics from Bangalore University
- Master of Philosophy in Statistics from Annamalai University
- Master of Business administration in Finance from Karnataka State Open University.
- Master of science in Statistics from Bangalore University
- Bachelor of Science in mathematics statistics and Economics in Vijaya Evening College from Bangalore University
- PUC (PCMB) –Dayananda Junior College, Bengaluru. June 1986
- SSLC-Dayananda Boys High School, Bengaluru ,
Hobbies and Interests
- Outside of my professional experience, I am also a skilled in handling the computer for data analysis. I also spend time in drawing and painting.
- I am also having the skill of Computer Programming using BASIC and FORTRAN.
- I am good in handling Microsoft Office for documentation. MS excel for computation and MS powerpoint for Presentation.
- Besides this I know SPSS, MINITAB and R for data analysis for projects and reserch.
- Now I am learning LaTeX for scintific writing and for presentation.
- Harishchandra K and Balakrishna.,(2016): “Estimation of Parameters of Dagum Distribution Software Reliability Growth Model”, International Journal of Engineering Applied Science and Technology, Volume 2, Issue 1, pages 116-120.
- Balakrishna and Harishchandra. K.,(2016) “Imperfect Debugging Software Reliability Growth model for the Rayleigh failure time distribution”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science, Volume 5, Issue 12, pages 19520-19526.
- Balakrishna and Harishchandra. K.,(2016) “On software reliability Growth Model with Log logistic failure time distribution”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science”, Volume 5, Issue 12, pages 19552-19560.
- Harishchandra K., K.M Manjunatha. and Balakrishna., (2016) “software reliability Model when multiple errors occur at a time including a fault correction process”, International Journal of Engineering and Computer Science”, Volume 5, Issue 12, pages 19363-19374.
- Harishchandra K and Balakrishna.,(2017) “Estimation of Parameters of a Failure Rate Software Reliability Model with Change Point and Imperfect Debugging”, Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics, Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 35-45
- Harishchandra K and Balakrishna.,(2017) “Software reliability model when a random number of faults occurring at a time with correction process”, Advances and Applications in Statistics, Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 315-327
Papers presented in conferences:
- Balakrishna and Harishchandra, K., “Software reliability Model with Random size faults and Exponential fault correction time” 11th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR 2011). Department of Management studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, India, 21st October 2011.
- Balakrishna and Harishchandra, K., “Statistical Inference on Software reliability Model when a Random Number of errors are detected at detection time epochs” National Conference on Advances in Statistical Theory and Applications, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University, Bangalore , 16 – 18, 2011.
- Balakrishna “Estimation of Parameters of Linear Failure Rate Imperfect Debugging Software Reliability Model with a Change Point”., Two Day National Conference on Recent Trends in Statistics, P.G and Research Department of Statistics, Salem Sowdeswari College, Salem, Sep 14-15, 2018
Invited talk, Lectures and Subject Expert.
- Delivered Lecture on Sampling Methods and Hypothesis testing Methods as Resource Person in ‘Five Day intensive Training and workshop on Quantitative Techniques’, Department of Economics , Maharani’s Arts, Commerce and Management College for Women, Bengaluru, July 2013
- Invited talks for workshop on Research Methodology for Ph.D. Students, ‘Tests of significance, tests based on t-test, chi-square test and F test’. Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, March 2013.
- Invited to give lecture for PU Students in the “Interactive Orientation session: II PU Board Examination-Statistics” in the commerce Lecture Series 2015-16 in Jain Vidyanikethan PU college, Bengaluru on 7th January 2017.
- Conducted personality Guest Lecturing class for II PU students in Vidyanidhi Independent PU College, Tumkur on 9th September 2014.
- Invited to give lecture for PU Students in the “Intensive Coaching Classes for II PU students in VVN PU college, Bengaluru on10th January 2015 and 27th February 2015.
- Invited as a resource person in Statistics to deliver lecture to PU teachers conducted in SURANA college jointly with PU Board Karnataka on 25th July 2009.
- Participated as Subject Expert in the selection committee to recruit lecturers in Statistics in SURANA College on 28th May 2010.
- Participated as Subject Expert in the selection committee to recruit lecturers in Statistics in VVN PU College on 20th June 2016.
- Participated in One Day Workshop Effective teaching of statistics’ Department of Statistics, Christ College, Bengaluru, August 2001.
- Participated in One Day Workshop Effective teaching of statistics’ Department of Statistics, Christ College, Bengaluru, September 2002.
- Participated in One Day orientation Programme in self-instruction Material [SIM] Development in the subject Statistics, Karnataka State Open University, Mysore, April 2004.
- Attended ‘a one day workshop on Random number generation techniques and Monte Carlo simulation’, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, September 2005.
- Attended the workshop for preparing the model question papers for the B.sc 5th and 6th semester, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, September 2006.
- Attended the Seminar ‘Two-Day orientation course on the use of SPSS statistical software’, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, and September 2007.
- Attended ‘Two-Day state inter- university symposium on enhancing research and teaching in statistics’, supported by Vision group of science and technology and Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, march 2010.
- Attended the Seminar ‘The role of Official Statistics in Empirical Research and National Development’, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, June 2010.
- Attended the ‘The one day workshop on R-software’, Department of Statistics, Bangalore University Bengaluru, March 2012.
Qualifications: Here is a quick overview:
|KSET||2013 December||Conducted by Mysore University||Cleared in first attempt||Scored 240 out of 350|
|M.A.||2005 – 2007||Mysore University||Major – Economics||72.85%
|B.A.||2002– 2005||PPC, Udupi, Karnataka||Major – Economics, History & English||72.4%
First Class with Distinction
|At Present||Karnataka State Open University||Major-Marketing||First Class in first two semesters|
|At Present||Mysore University||Micro-Finance|
My work experience: As a Freelancer
|At Jhyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya, Yelechenahalli||From 2019-2020
At Vasavi Vidya Nikethan, VV Puram
|From 2015-2020||As Lecturer|
|At Center for Higher Studies in CA , BHS Higher Education Society, Vijaya College, R.V. Road, Basavanagudi and Jayanagar 4th Block, Bangalore||From 2012 to 2014||As Lecturer (assigned to teach economics to CA- CPT students)|
|At Yuvaka Sangha, Gandhi Bazar (Free coaching class)||From 2011 to till the date||As Lecturer|
|Associated with HAMSA, a coaching academy for commerce||From 2010 to till the date||As Lecturer|
|At Jayanagara Shikshana Samiti ( Free Coaching Class)||From 2017 to till date||As Lecturer|
|At CAPS||From 2018 to till date||As Lecturer ( assigned to teach CA and CS students)|
As a full-time employee:
|At Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya
|From 2020-||As Lecturer|
|At PES College, Hanumanth Nagar, Bangalore-50||From May 2010 to March 2012||As Lecturer|
|At City College, Jayanagar 7th Block, Bangalore||From June 2009 to
|At ‘Movement for Alternatives and Youth Awareness’ (MAYA- a NGO)||From July 2007
|As Documenter & Facilitator|